Classes run from October 12-November 16
This 6-week class will be an introduction to wheel thrown ceramics. Within this once-a-week class, students will learn how to create functional ceramics on the potter's wheel. Morning classes meet from 9am-11am.
In this class, you can expect to learn how to:
- Properly wedge and prepare clay
- Center clay
- Throw basic forms
- Trim pots
- Create surface designs
- Attach handles
- Glazing techniques
- Classes take place at Studio Norae, located in a comfortable home based setting in Kane'ohe, HI. Address and parking details will be provided to students upon registration.
- Classes will meet once a week for 2 hours
- Please ensure you are able to make all of the classes before registering. There are no makeup classes.
- Each class is limited to a max of 3 students to ensure ample 1-1 instruction and support.
- Shared tools, 20 lbs of clay, glazes, and all firings are included in your class
- Open studio time will be available (Mon-Fri, 1pm-5pm) but limited and managed through a shared doc with all students. Details will be provided to students.
Ages 18+. This class can be taken more than once.